This brand page has no in stock products.
A body warmer or gilet (ji-lay) is a sleeveless jacket worn over a jacket as an additional layer. This so-to-say outer layer is meant to provide you extra warmth, while this layer can also be worn over a light top. With a combination of practicality and style, body warmers are one of the most versatile items you can add to your wardrobe. What’s more is that since they’re available sleeveless, there’s a varied number of styles you can use to suit your clothing preference.
You could try them on for a country walk during spring time, or a range of other activities like outdoor dining, skiing, and so on. A quilted body warmer with insulation or padding will keep you warm. Furthermore, a casual fleece bodywarmer will keep you feeling comfortable when it gets cold.
Best Body Warmer for men
Body warmers are a great clothing item for your wardrobe, and it really is a comfortable wear. You can choose from various sizes, colours, and amazing features.
- The printable softshell body warmer comes with a slim fashion fit with a decorative top stitch and a full front zip.
- The Harvey Sheepskin gilet comes with an aviator finished sheepskin, centre zip closure and an angled single welt pocket.
- Clasp padded gilet comes with an inner storm flap, TP50 Cold heat, drawcord hem, and three low profile zipped pockets.
Best Body Warmer for women
A body warmer for women has a slightly slimmer and slender fit. This is of course a factor that may not apply to all body types.
- The Micro Fleece Body Warmer has a centre front contrast reversed coil zipper with front pockets. These front pockets are fitted with reverse coil zippers with a contrasting shade. The seams are shaped and tapered at the waistline for a flattering fit. This jacket has easy grip zipper pullers.
- The Elanora padded gilet has a down touch padding with two zip pockets, rib side panels, and furry fleece lining. Its shell, lining, and filling are made from 100% polyester.
- The waterproof hooded body warmer has a feminine-fitted design. It has a padded hood that can be removed by unzipping. It has two side pockets with an open Hem and inner drawcord with two stoppers.
You can even find some of the best body warmers for kids like this sleeveless gilet for children. It’s waterproof and windproof, protecting your kid from the cold weather. It has two zip pockets with a hangtag, reflective hip detail, and an elastic armhole that lets you kid play to their heart’s content.
How to buy a body warmer online
When you want to buy a body warmer online, you need to make sure to check the following features.
- Is the gilet you are looking for available in different styles?
It’s good to have your preference and style, and this holds true for sleeveless jackets as well. If you are looking for a specific type then figure out whether the online site you are on, gives you different designs of the jackets that come with the features you want. So, you can find waterproof workwear with varied styles, from overalls to work trousers, jackets and waterproof work tops.
- Are the jackets available in different sizes?
You don’t want to be caught up in searching for a size that’s not available. Always look out for jackets that you prefer, yes, but also if the size is available. Compromising on the size never gets you anywhere, because you’re just settling with something that delivers less than your expectations. It can be a let-down if you are in a construction job and have no appropriate waterproof jacket. Thankfully, there is a great selection of waterproof sleeveless jackets on Universal Textiles which are suitable to your liking.
- Are they waterproof and water-resistant?
Yes, the two terminologies are different, and you should be aware of what each means. A waterproof coat is an excellent choice at providing protection from rains, but having the additional feature of wind-resistant qualities is the icing on the cake. So, what’s the difference? Waterproof features mean that your jacket is impermeable to water, no matter the duration of exposure. On the other hand, water-resistant jackets can resist the penetration of water to a certain extent, if not entirely. Therefore, having both qualities in the same jacket can really make it worth the pay.
- Can your jacket sustain the difference in your body temperature regulation?
To put it simply, breathable jackets allow sweat that is formed to escape in the form of water vapour from the inside of the fabric to the outside. The minimum rating for a breathable jacket is 5,000 – 10,000g/m² for resort skiing, or camping in the rain. The highest level of rating goes up and beyond 15,000 – 20,000g/m² for trips to the hills, trekking in warmer climates, and activities that cause heavy perspiration. If you’re looking for something in-between then choose a waterproof jacket with the breathability rate of 10,000 – 15,000g/m² that’s perfect for backcountry skiing, or any moderately adventurous travel.
Your wardrobe deserves a good waterproof sleeveless jacket addition for activities specific to your lifestyle. You don’t want to find yourself unprotected from unpredictable weather. So, make sure you check out our collections before checking out with other items on Universal Textiles. We have a wide collection of waterproof sleeveless jackets designed to combat the moody weather.
Related Winter Wear Links:
1. Will I get all the information for each body warmer on your site?
Yes, we provide detailed descriptions for all our products.
2. Can I get a body warmer made from waterproof fabric?
Yes, we offer waterproof and windproof body warmers, some of which are also water-resistant.
3. Do you sell body warmers for children?
Yes, we have collections of body warmers for children as well.
4. I need a 3XL sleeveless jacket for very cold winters.
You may find your size preference on our site for sleeveless jackets.
5. Will I feel stuffy in a heavyweight jacket?No, you won’t. You can look for the description in these jackets that mention breathable, and you’re good to go.