The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
What information we collect, why and how we use it?
Universal Textiles will not collect or use any information not necessary to fulfilling your order.
|Type of Information||How and why we use it|
|Name, Address & Date of Birth||Fulfill the delivery of your order|
Fraud prevention checks
(Email Address, Phone Number, etc)
|Communication of order updates and marketing information (where explicitly requested by you)|
|Payment Details||Take payment|
Fraud prevention checks
(Emails, letters, etc)
|Provide customer support|
|Purchase History||To complete transactions|
Provide customer support
Optimise your buying experience
|Survey Responses/Competition Entries||Process entries|
Review survey responses
|Device and IP Information||Site optimisation|
Set default options for you (such as language and currency)
|Anonymised session data||Improving site usability|
Improving site performance
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party â€“ including but not limited to your name, address, email address or any payment information.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies essential to our operations to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners, website hosts and CRM providers who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you and complies with all relevant data transfer security protocols.
Where you have provided explicit authorisation to do so, from time to time we'll send you marketing messages via email, SMS, mail or other electronic devices/means to keep you aware of what we're up to and to help you see and find our products.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time. You can do this:
- By clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link in any email
- By contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don't receive further marketing messages. Please note that it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates)
Keeping your information
We will hold on to your information for as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Service team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
Information will only be kept if reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator - in the UK, the Information Commissioner's Office (https://ico.org.uk/)
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this policy
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated 25th May 2018
Universal Textiles UK Ltd
50 Oswin Road
Phone: +44 116 218 2188
Fax: +44 116 218 2198