Terms & Conditions
The laws of England shall apply to this Agreement irrespective of the place of delivery.
Prices and Payments
1. All Prices include VAT at 20%. VAT Number: GB 881 2225 34
2. All prices are in GBP (British Pounds).
3. Non Pounds Sterling payments will be converted from your currency to Pounds Sterling by your credit/debit card company.
4. Universal Textiles use a secure server to encrypt and process your card transactions.
5. Payment will be taken prior to the dispatch of goods.
6. Customers will receive an email from us containing a web link which will allow them to view and track their order online. Universal Textiles recommend that you keep this email in an easily accessible location.
7. Customers will be issued a unique order id prior to payment and shown on the final shopping basket page. This will be emailed to them once the payment has been taken and also found on the invoice when the goods are received.
1. If the product you ordered is not in stock then a full refund will be given. Universal Textiles will send you an email to inform you that we have refunded your payment. Refunds are done through our payment processor, and will be automatically transferred to the credit card used to purchase.
2. Goods can only be returned within 90 days from the date of delivery. Universal Textiles request the goods must be in the same condition they were delivered. If the goods are not in a saleable condition the customer will be charged reasonable compensation for the lost value.
3. Universal Textiles offers a free returns service for all UK based customers. Customers will need to print off the returns label, attach to the parcel and then take the parcel to their local Post Office. Customers who are unable to follow this procedure are not eligible for the free returns service.A full refund of the card payment will be given but not for the original delivery charge unless an error was made by Universal Textiles.
4. We cannot accept back customised products, where items have been altered in any way. i.e. company logo’s added.
1. Deliveries to the UK take approximately 3-5 working days for standard delivery and 2 working days for our Super Speedy Courier service from when the order was placed.
2. In the case there is a delay we will notify you through e-mail, we shall not accept liability for late delivery by the carrier.
3. All custom duties and taxes applicable within a foreign territory shall be the sole responsibility of the buyer.
4. Claims for shortages or damages will only be accepted if we are notified by letter or e-mail (see our 'contact us' page) within 30 days from the receipt of the goods. If an item arrives damaged or is incorrect then please return it within 30 days in its original packaging, accompanied by an explanation.
5. Free delivery promotions are standard delivery to UK mainland addresses only and can take up to 7 working days.
6. Invoices can be downloaded from the customer control panel.
7. A signature maybe required to acknowledge delivery. The signature of the person accepting delivery at the delivery address will be proof that you or the person, to whom the order is addressed, has received the delivery. This does not affect your statutory rights.
All products listed on this website comply with all British product safety standards. For deliveries outside the UK it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure the products purchased meet all the product safety standards for the delivery country.
Right to cancel
The customer has the right to cancel the order before the order has been despatched. Customers will need to email or call customer services with their request. If the goods are shipped before the customer has made a cancellation request the customer will need to return the goods for a refund.
Winin 7 days of purchase if the customer finds any of the purchased products cheaper (including delivery) Online, Universal Textiles will match the price plus an additional 2.5% discount. This will be refunded back to the customer original payment card once the claim has been validated.
The price promise offered on Universal-Textiles.com is entirely discretionary and subject to agreement between Universal Textiles UK Ltd staff and the client before the Price Promise is approved. Please note that all mandatory fields on the Price Promise Claim on our website must be completed otherwise it will not be validated.
The Price Promise does not apply to the following:
1. Product Listings on third party sites like eBay and Amazon Marketplace.
2. Businesses who are not registered companies in the UK.
3. Prices that are not listed in British Pounds Sterling.
4. Private sales listed on the Internet.
5. Products not available online.
6. New Season's prices.
7. Clearance prices.
8. Products on sale.
9. Products of the same type but different brand names; these are classed as different products.
10. Items that are not in stock on competitor?s website.
Products must be an identical match. If the product is a combo product then the competing merchant must be supplying the same combo product and all items in the combo must be the same brand.
Please Note: that it is imperative to provide exact details of the competitors product URL so we can verify the prices listed. Additionally please remember that other websites may add delivery and even VAT on to their prices, so it is imperative that you gather the total price for the item before you complete the Price Promise claim form on our website. You can verify this by obtaining the EAN (barcode) number of the product(s).
Customer Queries and Complaints
Universal Textiles will respond to customer queries within two working days by email or phone. Universal Textiles aims to respond to customer complaints within 5 working days. All complaints are treated in the strictest of confidence, fairly and effectively by our customer services department. If by any chance your complaint has not been dealt with effectively or within 5 working days, (unless further time is needed to elucidate the position) you may wish to email the Customer Services Manager (email@example.com).
Universal Textiles UK Ltd trading as Universal Textiles is the seller. Registered in England No. 06865782. Registered office 50 Oswin Road, Leicester, LE3 1HR, UK.
Any information given at the time of the ordering and registering process will not be passed on to third parties for marketing purposes. Universal Textiles guarantee to comply with the standards, procedures and requirements laid down in the Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1988 to ensure that the personal information provided by the customer is kept secure and processed lawfully and fairly. Customers have the right to have their email address removed from the mailing list at anytime. Each email contains a link to the unsubscribe page.
1. All products are subject to availability.
2. All information on our pages was correct at time of publication.
3. Universal Textiles will store the contract's content and will send the customer the details of their order as well as the Universal Textiles general terms via e-mail. You can find the terms here at all times. The details about your recent orders can be found in the customer's control panel.
4. We are a Trusted Shops member and have obliged ourselves to the Trusted Shops Code of Conduct. Details of the code can be consulted at http://www.trustedshops.com/tsdocument/TS_QUALITY_CRITERIA_en.pdf.